Both our services and these resources are free!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Tenant Representation?
In most real estate transactions the broker represents the landlord or owner. If the broker has a written agency agreement with the owner, he has a legal obligation to represent the best interest of the owner and negotiate the best deal possible for him. Conversely, a Tenant Representative has a fiduciary duty to negotiate the best possible deal for the Tenant. A Tenant Representative will present you with an array of properties that meet your needs objectives and will help you negotiate favorable terms in your lease.
How do the Owner's/Tenant's Representative get compensated?
Every commercial real estate listing agreement compensates the Landlord’s broker with a market standard fee, which is shared with the Tenant/Buyer’s representative if there is one present in the transaction. The Landlord’s broker therefore has an incentive to find a prospect that isn’t benefiting from their own tenant representation advisor because they receive the entire fee for negotiating against them.
What type of businesses does Tenant Real Estate Advisors represent?
- Retailers: Franchises, Restaurants, Start up businesses
- Medical: Physicians looking to lease space or purchase a building
- Office & Warehouse users looking to lease or purchase
- Developers, Doctors, Businesses looking for land to build
- Tenants that need help with relocation, renegotiating renewals, ETC.
If I really want to stay in my current location, why do I need TREA?
When do I need to start the whole process with TREA?
What can TREA provide that I can't get on my own?
A landlord and his broker are in the business of knowing and understanding real estate market conditions in the vicinity of their property. They know the up to date details of recent transactions in the area, and they know who else is interested in the space you are interested in. It is extremely difficult, if not impossible for tenants to have as much information as landlords, putting the tenant at a definite disadvantage. With our nationwide affiliations, TREA can provide you with up to date market information so that you can make informed decisions. Then we will work diligently to create the best real estate solution possible, with assistance in all of your real estate needs from strategic planning to fine-tuning the lease to ensure that your real estate supports your business.
Helpful Industry Articles
- Red Bird Mall Co-Developer Is Ready To Bring His Vision To Other Languishing U.S. Malls
- DFW Net Lease Investments Fell 40% In Q2, But Area Still Bests Most Other Markets
- CRE Made The Switch To Zoom. Are Augmented And Virtual Reality Next?
- Moreau apartment moratorium set to expire
- New vegan restaurant coming to downtown Dayton
- New arts, entertainment venue coming to Downtown Jeffersonville
- Charlotte-based Beacon Partners' LoSo Station land listed on the market
- Washington Sports Club calls D.C. lawsuit 'targeted and biased'
- Crane Watch: Darifair Foods tops week's $66M in permits
- Global food and health forum to be broadcast from U of M; FedEx, Indigo Ag CEOs to speak
We only represent Tenants and Buyers.
Schedule your free Consultation
Tenant Real Estate Advisors
100 Decker Court,
Irving, Texas 75062
What we Do
- Site Selection
- Demographic Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Development Advisory
- Lease Renewals
- Built to Suits
- Lease vs Buy Analysis
- Introduction to our trusted vendors (architects, banker, engineers, contractors)