Both our services and these resources are free!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Tenant Representation?
In most real estate transactions the broker represents the landlord or owner. If the broker has a written agency agreement with the owner, he has a legal obligation to represent the best interest of the owner and negotiate the best deal possible for him. Conversely, a Tenant Representative has a fiduciary duty to negotiate the best possible deal for the Tenant. A Tenant Representative will present you with an array of properties that meet your needs objectives and will help you negotiate favorable terms in your lease.
How do the Owner's/Tenant's Representative get compensated?
Every commercial real estate listing agreement compensates the Landlord’s broker with a market standard fee, which is shared with the Tenant/Buyer’s representative if there is one present in the transaction. The Landlord’s broker therefore has an incentive to find a prospect that isn’t benefiting from their own tenant representation advisor because they receive the entire fee for negotiating against them.
What type of businesses does Tenant Real Estate Advisors represent?
- Retailers: Franchises, Restaurants, Start up businesses
- Medical: Physicians looking to lease space or purchase a building
- Office & Warehouse users looking to lease or purchase
- Developers, Doctors, Businesses looking for land to build
- Tenants that need help with relocation, renegotiating renewals, ETC.
If I really want to stay in my current location, why do I need TREA?
When do I need to start the whole process with TREA?
What can TREA provide that I can't get on my own?
A landlord and his broker are in the business of knowing and understanding real estate market conditions in the vicinity of their property. They know the up to date details of recent transactions in the area, and they know who else is interested in the space you are interested in. It is extremely difficult, if not impossible for tenants to have as much information as landlords, putting the tenant at a definite disadvantage. With our nationwide affiliations, TREA can provide you with up to date market information so that you can make informed decisions. Then we will work diligently to create the best real estate solution possible, with assistance in all of your real estate needs from strategic planning to fine-tuning the lease to ensure that your real estate supports your business.
Helpful Industry Articles
- `Howard Hughes says 88% of all units at 7 Hawaii towers at Ward Village are sold
- Land beneath Waikiki multifamily building sells for $7.5M
- Owners, neighbors clash over historic status of Denver condo building ahead of Landmark Preservation meeting
- Facebook signs huge office lease at Vornado's Farley Building
- Houston Food Bank adds Greenspoint warehouse as demand skyrockets
- Marijuana regulators asked to revisit recreational delivery
- State plans to release quarantined vapes for resale
- The Hunger Games: Why restaurants are spilling red ink, no matter how much they innovate
- This Week's Dallas-Fort Worth Deal Sheet
- How Does The DFW Sports World Play On After The Coronavirus?
We only represent Tenants and Buyers.
Schedule your free Consultation
Tenant Real Estate Advisors
3369 Premier Drive
Plano, Texas 75023
What we Do
- Demographic Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
Built to Suits
Lease vs Buy Analysis
Introduction to our trusted vendors (architects, banker, engineers, contractors)